#throwback The Intersection of Sales Operations and Sales Enablement with Spekit CEO Melanie Fellay
The intersection of Sales Operations and Sales Enablement is a fascinating place. It’s where process, performance, systems, and analysis all converge. And in recent years, the tools at this particular intersection have absolutely exploded.
That's why for this week's episode, we're throwing it back to an early guest on our show with sales enablement expert and Spekit Co-Founder and CEO, Melanie Fellay.
Melanie and Sean go deep on measuring the ROI of different enablement tools, the reality of tool exhaustion, and the important distinction between change management and change enablement. Melanie also tells Sean why her former boss telling her they were getting rid of Salesforce led her to starting her own company.
- (1:42) How Melanie thinks about the sales enablement landscape
- (5:23) How to gauge the needs of your company when it comes to adding to your tech stack
- (8:01) How to think about the ROI of an enablement tool
- (14:41) What change enablement means, and how to solve it
- (20:23) The importance of not cheaping out on the people and time it takes implement new tools
- (24:57) The right way to think about enablement documentation
- (28:54) Melanie’s advice for “getting ahead” of potential enablement problems
- (30:36) Operations lightning round
Like this episode? Be sure to leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ review and share the pod with your friends! You can connect with Sean and Melanie on Twitter @Seany_Biz, @melfellay, and @DriftPodcasts.