Why Operators are Attracted to Pain with 1Password's Navin Persaud
If you’re an operator, you can’t deny that you get some sick satisfaction out of untangling a ball of impossibly tangled lights.
There’s something about being handed a problem that’s painfully broken, and fixing it. Our guest today, Navin Persaud, is someone who has found himself attracted to a specific type of operations pain for his entire career.
Navin is VP of Revenue Operations at 1Password, and over the course of his career, he has developed a well-formed perspective on how to seek out and solve the pain that pops up inside of revenue organizations.
In our conversation, we talk about optimizing for outcomes when solving pain, the mantra of the best Operations teams, and we talk about why operators don’t score goals but collect assists.
- (01:18) Why Navin likes being in an operational role
- (04:30) How Navin has learned to identify the pains worth solving at a company, and the solution to the problems themselves
- (13:33) The 2 key pillars Navin believes Operations teams should build their work off of
- (16:06) Rev Ops teams don’t exist to score goals, they exist to collect assists
- (20:02) How Navin tactically carves out proactive functions within his team
- (23:18) Operations lightning round
Read how 1Password leverages Drift to optimize their user experience: https://drift.ly/1Password