How to Adjust Annual Planning During Economic Uncertainty with Unqork's Heidi Thompson
In a typical annual planning exercise, so much work goes into preparing your team and your company for the upcoming fiscal year. But this year, there’s a new added wrinkle due to the economic uncertainty that is spreading across much of the tech industry.
So how does the current economic environment impact your planning for next year? For the answers, we turned to Heidi Thompson, VP of GTM Strategy and Revenue Operations at Unqork.
In this episode, we asked Heidi to help all of us adjust our planning exercise this year to account for the shifting economic climate. In our conversation, we talk about how to rethink your capacity and compensation planning this year, the exercise she went through to audit her tech stack with a fine-toothed comb, and the surprising ask sales reps are making during the recruiting process right now.
- (1:55) The different ways in which Heidi is approaching annual planning this year
- (3:19) How operators can see the impact of their work
- (4:48) Compensation and capacity planning for 2023
- (9:30) The need to reevaluate the plans for new and old reps
- (13:27) How Heidi’s team evaluates their own tech stack
- (18:44) Why Heidi’s excited about the uncertain times ahead
- (20:39) How Heidi connects business context with the business plan
- (21:43) How Heidi’s team decides what they’re not going to do
- (23:18) Operations lightning round
Like this episode? Be sure to leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ review and share the pod with your friends! You can connect with Sean on Twitter @Seany_Biz @DriftPodcasts.